PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 23 TO 35 MINUTES
Red Cabbage & Sausage Skillet
- 4 unpeeled petite red potatoes
- 1/2 pound turkey smoked sausage, cut into 4 pieces on the diagonal
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds (optional)
Makes 4 servings.
- Cut potatoes in half. Place potatoes and enough water to cover in large skillet. Cover; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and reserve potatoes.
- Place sausage in large nonstick skillet and cook 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add onion; cook, uncovered, until onion is tender and sausage is lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cabbage and liquid. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Return potatoes to skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with caraway seeds, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 240 calories; 36g carbohydrate; 10g protein; 6g fat; 1340mg sodium; 40mg cholesterol; 2g fiber; 4mg iron; 0mg thiamin; 6IU vitamin A; 14mg vitamin C.