PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 5 MINUTES
Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage & Apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice or cinnamon
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sweet & Sour Cabbage, drained
Makes 4 servings.
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add brown sugar and allspice; cook 2 minutes longer. Add cabbage; cook until hot, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
For Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage, Ham & Apples, add 1 cup diced cooked ham to skillet along with apples.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 160 calories; less than 1g protein; 32g carbohydrate; 6g fat; 585mg sodium; 15mg cholesterol; 2g fiber; 2mg iron; less than 1 mg thiamin; 215IU vitamin A; 16mg vitamin C.