PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 7 MINUTES
Beet Salad Spring Rolls with Spicy Orange Dipping Sauce
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sliced Pickled Beets
- 1 medium tomato
- 3-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 8 rice paper wrappers
Makes 8 servings.
- Drain beets; reserve liquid. Cut beets and tomato into julienne (thin) strips. Set tomato and beet strips aside (remove seeds from tomatoes).
- Measure 1 cup of reserved beet liquid; pour into small saucepan. Add 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon juice, marmalade, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes; stir to combine. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 7 to 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Transfer sauce into small bowl; refrigerate.
- Combine remaining 3 teaspoons lemon juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper in large bowl. Add beet and tomato strips, cabbage, chicken and cilantro. Toss to combine.
- Prepare wrappers according to package directions. Gently place one wrapper on a cutting board. Place about ½ cup chicken mixture just below the center of the wrapper. Fold the bottom edge over the mixture tightly. Fold the right edge and top edge in. Fold the left edge in, rolling tightly. Place the roll, seam side down, on a plate. Repeat with remaining wrappers and chicken mixture.
- Remove sauce from refrigerator. Serve with rolls.
Nutrition information per serving (1/8 of recipe): 110 calories; 7g protein; 16g carbohydrate; 3g fat; 230mg sodium; 15mg cholesterol; less than 1g dietary fiber; 0.34mg iron; 0.03mg thiamin; 233.9IU vitamin A; 7.9mg vitamin C.