Baguette with Pickled Beets and Whipped Dill Goat Cheese
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sliced Pickled Beets
- 1 baguette (about 24 inches long)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
Makes 4 servings.
- Drain beets well. Discard liquid or save for another use.
- Split baguette in half lengthwise.
- In medium sized bowl beat together goat cheese, cream, dill, salt and pepper until smooth and spreadable. Spread goat cheese mixture on cut sides of baguette.
- Layer beets, cucumber and red onion on bottom side of baguette. Close sandwich. Cut horizontally into 4 sandwiches and serve.
Slice 2 hard boiled eggs. Place slices over cucumber in Step 4. Continue as recipe directs.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 375 calories; 13g protein; 46g carbohydrate; 16g fat; 670mg sodium; 40mg cholesterol; 2g fiber; 3.04mg iron; 0.48mg thiamin; 685.08IU vitamin A; 1.77mg vitamin C.