Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Beets
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Whole Pickled Beets
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 pound) peeled and cubed (1/2 to 3/4-inch)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, plus extra for garnish
Makes 4 servings.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Drain beets. Discard liquid or save for another use.
- In large bowl toss together sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and onion until coated.
- Place a silicone mat onto baking sheet, or line with aluminum foil.
- Pour contents of bowl onto baking sheet in a single layer. Remove rosemary from stems; sprinkle over vegetables. Bake 30 minutes until potatoes are almost tender. Add beets to baking sheet. Return to oven for additional 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender and beginning to brown. Garnish with additional rosemary, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 330 calories; 2g protein; 32g carbohydrate; 7g fat; 600mg sodium; 0mg cholesterol; 3g fiber; 0.87mg iron; 0.07mg thiamin; 16342.1IU vitamin A; 15.32mg vitamin C.