PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 1 MINUTE
Warm Bean & Swiss Chard Salad
- 1 jar (15.5 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s 3 Bean Salad
- 1 bunch red Swiss chard, coarsely chopped, thick stems removed (about 5 cups)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
Makes 4 servings.
- Drain bean salad; reserve liquid. Place beans in large bowl.
- Add chard, onion and tomatoes to bowl. Sprinkle with black pepper and red pepper flakes; toss to combine.
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute or until fragrant. In small bowl, whisk together mustard and 1/4 cup reserved bean liquid. Stir into hot oil; continue stirring until mixture is well combined.
- Add bean mixture to skillet, toss just until chard is wilted, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 90 calories; 3g protein; 15g carbohydrate; 2g fat; 350mg sodium; 5mg cholesterol; 3g dietary fiber; 1.56mg iron; 0.04mg thiamin; 2896.5IU vitamin A; 9.28mg vitamin C.