PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES | STAND TIME: 5 MINUTES
Ruby Beet & Pear Compote
- 1/4 cup orange juice, heated
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Whole or Sliced Pickled Beets, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 firm ripe large pear, chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Makes 6 (approx. 1/2 cup) servings.
- Combine orange juice and cranberries. Let stand at least 5 minutes to allow cranberries to soften.
- Meanwhile, combine beets, onion and pear in large bowl; mix gently. In small bowl, blend honey, horseradish, pepper and cinnamon; mix well. Pour over beet mixture. Add cranberries and orange juice; mix well. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 120 calories; 0g protein; 28g carbohydrate; 0g total fat; 70mg sodium; 0mg cholesterol; 2g fiber; 1mg iron; 0.02mg thiamin; 15IU vitamin A; 5mg vitamin C.