Blackened Salmon Sliders with Pickled Beet Relish
- 4 single serve cups Aunt Nellie’s Diced Pickled Beets (see note)
- 1 finely chopped scallion (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup shredded radishes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 pounds salmon fillet, skinless
- 3 tablespoons blackened seasoning*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 slider bungs
- 1 cup baby arugula
Makes 12 sliders (2 per serving).
- Drain beets well. In medium bowl, combine diced beets, scallions and radishes. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine the yogurt, feta, parsley and oregano. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt and a pinch of black pepper. Set aside.
- Cut salmon into roughly 2-1/2-inch squares, about 1/2-inch thick. Slice thick parts of the filet in half to make thinner, if needed. Cut 12 portions.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt on both sides. Sprinkle them evenly with blackened seasoning until well coated.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or cast-iron pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. Add the salmon, in batches if needed, and cook, turning ounce, until salmon is crisped and almost cooked through, about 1-1/2 minutes per side. Remove and let rest.
- Spread each slider bun with about 1 tablespoon of the yogurt sauce. Layer arugula, salmon and beet relish on each slider and serve.
*To make 1/4 cup of your own Blackened Seasoning blend, combine 2 tablespoons smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1-1/2 teaspoons oregano and 1 teaspoon ground black pepper.
1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Whole Pickled Beets, Sliced Pickled Beets or Baby Whole Pickled Beets can be substituted for the cups. Drain beets and dice or chop.
Nutrition information per serving (1/12 of recipe): 275 calories; 21g protein; 23g carbohydrate; 11g fat; 430mg sodium; 40mg cholesterol; 1g fiber; 1.35mg iron; 0.19mg thiamin; 262.12IU vitamin A; 16.48mg vitamin C.