Beet & Corn Salad
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Aunt Nellie’s Whole Pickled Beets (See Note)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup fresh, cooked or frozen corn (thawed, if frozen)
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup stringless sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
Makes 4 servings.
- Drain beets, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Cut beets into quarters and combine with celery, corn, pepper, snap peas and parsley in a medium bowl.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together reserved beet liquid, vinegar and mustard. Slowly whisk in oil until well blended. Stir in basil. Pour over beet mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve
Note: Aunt Nellie’s Sliced Pickled Beets may be substituted, if desired.
Per serving (1/4 of recipe): 144 calories; 20g carbohydrate; 1g protein; 7g fat; 428mg sodium; 0mg cholesterol; 1g dietary fiber; less than 1mg iron; less than 1mg thiamin; 518 IU vitamin A; 27mg vitamin C.