Shaken Beet Margaritas
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup beet liquid, from jar of Aunt Nellie’s Whole or Sliced Pickled Beets
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup club soda
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
Makes 4 servings.
- Add ice cubes to a cocktail shaker.
- Add beet liquid, club soda, tequila and lime juice. Shake until outside of shaker becomes frosty.
- Strain liquid into margarita glasses; serve immediately.
If desired, lightly moisten rim of glasses with water or lime juice. Dip rim into a shallow plate of salt or sugar. Repeat for remaining glasses.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 90 calories; 1g protein; 6g carbohydrate; 0g fat; 20mg sodium; 0mg cholesterol; 1g fiber; 0.02mg iron; 0mg thiamin; 3.85IU vitamin A; 2.31mg vitamin C.