Green Goddess Salad with Sliced Beets
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sliced Beets, drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Makes 4 servings.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, tarragon, garlic, salt and pepper in blender. Puree until smooth.
- In large bowl, toss together spinach and mixed greens. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top greens evenly with beets, avocado, feta cheese and almonds. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 310 calories; 5g protein; 13g carbohydrate; 25g fat; 470mg sodium; 30mg cholesterol; 4g fiber; 1.49mg iron; 0.07mg thiamin; 3041.33IU vitamin A; 17.86mg vitamin C.