Beet Flat Bread
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sliced Pickled Beets
- 4 pre-baked flat breads (6-inch round or square) (See Note)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup prepared hummus (plain or seasoned)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts or chopped walnuts
- 3 cups baby arugula
Makes 8 servings (2 pieces per serving).
- Drain beets well; set aside. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place flat breads on baking sheet. Brush tops lightly with oil. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Turn flat breads over; brush with oil. Spread each with about 2 tablespoons hummus. Top with beets. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until heated through, cheese is soft and flat bread is crisp.
- Cut each flat bread into 4 pieces; top with arugula.
Check package directions for baking temperatures and times as brands may vary; adjust as necessary. Also, other flat bread shapes may be available.
Nutrition information per serving (2 pieces): 160 calories; 8g protein; 18g carbohydrate; 9g fat; 425mg sodium; 10mg cholesterol; 1g dietary fiber; 2mg iron; 0.06mg thiamin; 223IU vitamin A; 1mg vitamin C.