PREP TIME: 45 MINUTES
Baby Beet & Tortellini Appetizers
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Baby Whole Pickled Beets
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated tortellini, any variety
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto (See Note)
- 2 tablespoons prepared vinaigrette
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces (any color or a combination)
- Fresh herbs (such as parsley, basil, chives or thyme)
Makes about 36 appetizers (2 appetizers per serving).
- Drain beets well; discard liquid.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Meanwhile, cut prosciutto into 1×3-inch strips. Wrap one strip prosciutto around tortellini; skewer with appetizer pick. Brush lightly with vinaigrette. Add one piece of bell pepper and one baby beet to skewer. Repeat until all beets are used.
- Arrange on serving platter. Sprinkle with herbs.
Thinly sliced strips of deli smoked ham or turkey may be substituted for prosciutto.
Nutrition information per serving (1/18 of recipe): 60 calories; 3g protein; 7g carbohydrate; 2g fat; 240mg sodium; 10mg cholesterol; less than 1g fiber; 0.32mg iron; 0mg thiamin; 252IU vitamin A; 14mg vitamin C.