PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
Beet, Shrimp & Avocado Tartine
- 1 single serve cup Aunt Nellie’s Diced Pickled Beets
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 oval slices whole wheat or whole grain bread (approximately 1/2 x 4-inch slice), toasted
- 4 to 6 cooked small to medium shrimp
- Shredded basil
Makes 1 serving.
- Drain beet cup.
- Coarsely mash avocado with garlic. Spread onto one side of each toast slice. Top each with equal amounts of diced beets, shrimp and shredded basil, as desired.
- For vegetarian tartine, omit shrimp.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese, goat cheese, feta, queso fresco or other favorites.
- Top with toasted walnuts, almonds or hazelnuts.
- Sprinkle with other herbs, or seasoning such as parsley, chives, smoked paprika, cilantro or minced red onion.
Nutrition information per serving: 350 calories; 15g protein; 44g carbohydrate; 13g fat; 660mg sodium; 60mg cholesterol; 9g fiber; 3mg iron; 0.29mg thiamin; 196IU vitamin A; 53mg vitamin C.