Beef & Beet Canapes
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sliced Pickled Beets
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) chive and onion flavor cream cheese
- 1-1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 32 slices deli pastrami (See Note)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
Makes 128 canapés.
- Drain beets well; coarsely chop. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, horseradish and black pepper; blend well.
- Working with 1 slice of pastrami at a time, cut slice in half crosswise. Spread 1/2 tablespoon cream cheese mixture over slice; top with 5 to 7 beet pieces. Firmly roll pastrami from shortest side. Cut each roll in half; dip cut edge into parsley. Arrange on serving platter.
Substitute sliced deli turkey, roast beef or corned beef for pastrami.
Nutrition information per serving (1/128 of recipe): 20 calories; 2g protein; less than 1g carbohydrate; 1g fat; 100mg sodium; 10mg cholesterol; 0g fiber; 0mg iron; 0.00mg thiamin; 77IU vitamin A; 1mg vitamin C.