BEETS & BRIE APPETIZER
- 3/4 cup chopped Aunt Nellie’s Sliced Pickled Beets, well drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons pear or cranberry preserves or fruit spread
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 brie cheese wheel (13.2 ounces), about 5-1/2 x 1-1/4 inches
- Sliced apples, pears, bread or crackers, for serving
Makes about 8 appetizer servings.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a small bowl, combine beets, pecans, preserves and green onion.
- Remove top rind from brie cheese, leaving sides and bottom intact. Place cheese on foil-lined baking sheet. Spoon beet mixture onto brie, mounding mixture to cover top.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes just until cheese is softened and topping is warm. Let stand about 15 minutes. Transfer to serving plate. Serve with sliced apples, pears, bread or crackers.
Per serving (1/8 of recipe): 181 calories; 9 g protein; 5 g carbohydrate; 14 g fat; 293 mg sodium; 43 mg cholesterol; less than 1 g dietary fiber; 0.32 mg iron; 0.05 mg thiamin; 268 IU vitamin A; 1 mg vitamin C.