Beet & Broccoli Salad Dijon
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sliced or Whole Pickled Beets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Salt and coarse grind black pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 cups broccoli florets, cooked crisp-tender
Makes 6 servings.
- Drain beets; reserve 3 tablespoons beet liquid. Cut whole beets in half. In small bowl, combine beet liquid, olive oil, mustard, garlic and salt and pepper, if desired. Whisk to blend. Stir in onion.
- Toss beets with dressing-onion mixture. Refrigerate, covered, to chill. (Make up to one day in advance.)
- To serve, add broccoli. Toss gently to combine.
Note: Recipe can be doubled.
Per serving (1/6 of recipe): 70 calories; 1 g protein; 11 g carbohydrate; 2 g total fat; 130 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g dietary fiber; 0 mg iron; 0.03 mg thiamin; 1065 IU vitamin A; 17 mg vitamin C.