Beet & Broccoli Salad Dijon
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sliced or Whole Pickled Beets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Salt and coarse grind black pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 cups broccoli florets, cooked crisp-tender
Makes 6 servings.
- Drain beets; reserve 3 tablespoons beet liquid. Cut whole beets in half. In small bowl, combine beet liquid, olive oil, mustard, garlic and salt and pepper, if desired. Whisk to blend. Stir in onion.
- Toss beets with dressing-onion mixture. Refrigerate, covered, to chill. (Make up to one day in advance.)
- To serve, add broccoli. Toss gently to combine.
Note: Recipe can be doubled.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 70 calories; 1g protein; 11g carbohydrate; 2g fat; 130mg sodium; 0mg cholesterol; 1g fiber; 0mg iron; 0.0mg thiamin; 1065IU vitamin A; 17mg vitamin C.