Spicy Beet Bloody Marys
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sliced Beets (reserve a few slices for garnish)
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 12 ounces vodka
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarse Salt, to rim glasses
- Garnishes, as desired (celery, pepper, bacon, etc.)
Makes 6 servings.
- Place all ingredients into blender container. Blend until smooth.
- Rim glasses with salt. Fill glasses full of ice; pour blended mixture over. Garnish as desired.
One jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sliced Pickled Beets or Pickled Beets and Onions can be substituted for the Sliced Beets.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 225 calories; 2g protein; 19g carbohydrate; less than 1g fat; 1175mg sodium; 0mg cholesterol; 1g fiber; 1.07mg iron; 0.25mg thiamin; 1146.11IU vitamin A; 173.72mg vitamin C.