Pickled Beet and White Bean Dip with Za’atar, Feta and Mint
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Whole or Sliced Pickled Beets, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons za’atar seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
Makes 10 (approx. 1/4 cup each) servings.
- Place beets, beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic in food processor bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the feta cheese and 1 teaspoon of the za’atar. Process beet mixture until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Transfer dip to serving bowl; drizzle with oil. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon cheese, remaining 1/2 teaspoon za’atar, pine nuts and mint. Serve with vegetables, pita, flat bread or tortilla chips for dipping.
Nutrition information per serving (1/10 of recipe): 120 calories; 4g protein; 13g carbohydrate; 6g fat; 190mg sodium; 0mg cholesterol; 3g fiber; 2.52mg iron; 0.12mg thiamin; 386.39IU vitamin A; 2.59mg vitamin C.