PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
Thyme-Scented Roasted Vegetable & Beets
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s® Whole Pickled Beets, drained, halved
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 1medium onion, cut through core into 1/2-inch wedges8ounces shallots, peeled, halved if large
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (See Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Makes 4 servings.
- Heat oven to 400º F. Scatter beets, carrots, onion wedges and shallots in 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle thyme, salt and pepper over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, in oven 15 minutes. Add garlic to vegetables; toss well. Return to oven and continue roasting 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme may be substituted. Sprinkle over vegetables when adding garlic.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 150 calories; 2g protein; 29g carbohydrate; 1g fat; 700mg sodium; 0mg cholesterol; 1.6mg iron; 0.06mg thiamin; 7360.83IU vitamin A; 11mg vitamin C.