Pickled Beet Cobb Salad Supreme
- 4 cups packed (6 ounces) shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken or turkey breast
- 3/4 cup Aunt Nellie’s Pickled Beets sliced, drained
- 1/3 cup Aunt Nellie’s Holland Style Whole Onions, drained
- 1/3 cup crumbled, cooked bacon or bacon bits
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 hard cooked egg, chopped
- 1/3 cup vinaigrette or Caesar salad dressing
- garlic croutons (optional)
Makes 4 servings.
- Divide lettuce evenly among four individual serving plates or bowls. Arrange diced chicken in a row down center of the lettuce. Arrange beets and onions in rows on each side of diced chicken. Top with bacon, blue cheese and chopped egg.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours, if desired. To serve, drizzle with dressing and top with croutons, if desired.
Per serving (1/4 of recipe): 240 calories; 19 g protein; 12 g carbohydrate; 13 g total fat; 670 mg sodium; 95 mg cholesterol; 1 g dietary fiber; 1 mg iron; 0.10 mg thiamin; 3863 IU vitamin A; 2 mg vitamin C.