Pickled Beet Cobb Salad Supreme
- 4 cups packed (6 ounces) shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken or turkey breast
- 3/4 cup Aunt Nellie’s Pickled Beets sliced, drained
- 1/3 cup Aunt Nellie’s Holland Style Whole Onions, drained
- 1/3 cup crumbled, cooked bacon or bacon bits
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 hard cooked egg, chopped
- 1/3 cup vinaigrette or Caesar salad dressing
- Garlic croutons (optional)
Makes 4 servings.
- Divide lettuce evenly among four individual serving plates or bowls. Arrange diced chicken in a row down center of the lettuce. Arrange beets and onions in rows on each side of diced chicken. Top with bacon, blue cheese and chopped egg.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours, if desired. To serve, drizzle with dressing and top with croutons, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 240 calories; 19g protein; 12g carbohydrate; 13g fat; 670mg sodium; 95mg cholesterol; 1g fiber; 1mg iron; 0.10mg thiamin; 3863IU vitamin A; 2mg vitamin C.