Orange Glazed Beets
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Whole or Sliced Pickled Beets
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange peel
- Orange peel for garnish (optional)
Makes 4 servings.
- Drain beets; reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Cut whole beets in half.
- In medium saucepan combine beet liquid and orange juice. Stir in cornstarch until completely dissolved. Add brown sugar, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and clear, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in beets and 2 teaspoons peel. Garnish with additional peel if desired.
Note: Recipe can be doubled. Recipe can be prepared a day in advance of serving. Reheat over medium-low heat.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 100 calories; 0g protein; 22g carbohydrate; 0g fat; 220mg sodium; 0mg cholesterol; 0g fiber; 0mg iron; 0mg thiamin; 35IU vitamin A; 5mg vitamin C.