Onion, Spinach & Mushroom Frittata
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Whole Holland-Style Onions
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3 slices crisp crumbled bacon (about 1/4 cup), optional
- 1/2 cup crumbled herb goat cheese
- Chopped fresh herbs, optional
Makes 6 servings.
- Drain onions; discard liquid.
- Beat eggs and milk together; add salt, if desired.
- Heat oil in large nonstick, broiler-proof skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and bell pepper; cook 2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Stir in spinach. Add onions and bacon, if desired.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet with vegetables. As egg mixture begins to set, lift edges with spatula to allow uncooked portions to run underneath. Continue until eggs are almost set (top will be moist). Sprinkle with goat cheese. Broil about 4 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes until lightly browned and set. Sprinkle with chopped herbs.
Per serving (1/6 of recipe): 180 calories; 12 g protein; 5 g carbohydrate; 12 g fat; 260 mg sodium; 260 mg cholesterol; less than 1 g dietary fiber.