Hearty Roasted Winter Vegetables
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Whole Pickled Beets, well drained
- 1 small red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 2 cups baby Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems trimmed
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and scored with a cross cut
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Makes 6 servings.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place all vegetables except Brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet (15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch) and drizzle with olive oil; add garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast in oven 15 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts, stir and continue to roast until vegetables are tender and browned, about 30 to 35 minutes, stirring once. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Per serving (1/6 of recipe): 166 calories; 25 g carbohydrate; 3 g protein; 7 g fat; 489 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g dietary fiber; 1.2 mg iron; less than 1 mg thiamin; 5200 IU Vitamin A; 18 mg Vitamin C.