Hearty Roasted Winter Vegetables
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Whole Pickled Beets, well drained
- 1 small red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 2 cups baby Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems trimmed
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and scored with a cross cut
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Makes 6 servings.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place all vegetables except Brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet (15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch) and drizzle with olive oil; add garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast in oven 15 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts, stir and continue to roast until vegetables are tender and browned, about 30 to 35 minutes, stirring once. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 170 calories; 25g carbohydrate; 3g protein; 7g fat; 490mg sodium; 0mg cholesterol; 3g fiber; 1.2mg iron; less than 1mg thiamin; 5200IU vitamin A; 18mg vitamin C.