Greek-Style Beet Salad
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Whole Pickled Beets, drained
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 pound medium cooked shrimp, peeled, tails removed
- 1/2 cup seeded, chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- Prepared vinaigrette dressing
Makes 4 servings.
- Drain beets well; cut into quarters. Combine beets and olives in medium bowl. Top with combined shrimp and cucumber. Sprinkle with feta; refrigerate, covered, until chilled.
- To serve, sprinkle with dill, and drizzle with vinaigrette, as desired.
Notes: Recipe prepared with shrimp that have not been treated or frozen with seawater or brine solution which increase sodium content. Recipe can be doubled.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 190 calories; 15g protein; 14g carbohydrate; 7g fat; 550mg sodium; 115mg cholesterol; less than 1g fiber; 0.43mg iron; 0.02mg thiamin; 69IU vitamin A; 0.60mg vitamin C