Greek-Style Beet Salad
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Whole Pickled Beets, drained
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 pound medium cooked shrimp, peeled, tails removed
- 1/2 cup seeded, chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- Prepared vinaigrette dressing
Makes 4 servings.
- Drain beets well; cut into quarters. Combine beets and olives in medium bowl. Top with combined shrimp and cucumber. Sprinkle with feta; refrigerate, covered, until chilled.
- To serve, sprinkle with dill, and drizzle with vinaigrette, as desired.
Per serving (1/4 of recipe): 190 calories; 15 g protein; 14 g carbohydrate; 7 g fat; 550 mg sodium; 115 mg cholesterol; less than 1 g dietary fiber; 0.43 mg iron; 0.02 mg thiamin; 69 IU vitamin A; 0.60 mg vitamin C
Notes: Recipe prepared with shrimp that have not been treated or frozen with seawater or brine solution which increase sodium content. Recipe can be doubled.