Festive Beet & Citrus Salsa
1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sliced or Whole Pickled Beets, drained and chopped
1 medium orange, peeled, seeded and diced or 1/2 cup diced, drained Mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Makes about 2 cups (serving size: 1 tablespoon).
- Place all ingredients in medium bowl; stir gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate about 30 minutes to let flavors blend. Serve with crackers, flatbread or chips, as desired.
Per tablespoon: 12 calories; <1 g protein; 3 g carbohydrate; <1 g fat; 60 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; <1 g dietary fiber; <1 mg iron; 10 mg potassium; 21 IU Vitamin A; 2 mg calcium.