Beet & Gorgonzola-Stuffed Endive
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sliced Pickled Beets
- 2 to 3 medium heads Belgian endive
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola or other blue cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Chopped fresh chives
Makes 24 appetizers.
- Drain beets well; cut into ¼-inch dice. Remove any bruised outer leaves from endive. Peel remaining leaves off heads and rinse in cold water. Dry in layers of paper toweling. You will need about 24 leaves.
- In medium bowl combine cream cheese and Gorgonzola; mix until combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread about 1 generous teaspoon of cheese mixture in center of each endive leaf. Top with 1 teaspoon of diced beets and sprinkle with chopped chives
Per serving (1/24 of recipe): 80 calories; 3 g protein; 4 g carbohydrate; 6 g fat; 120 mg sodium; 15 mg cholesterol; 2 g dietary fiber; 0.50 mg iron; 0.04 mg thiamin; 1108 IU vitamin A; 2.82 mg vitamin C
Note: To toast walnuts, spread in single layer on baking sheet. Toast in 350°F oven 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Watch carefully; nuts can burn easily.