Baby Beet & Tortellini Appetizers
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Baby Whole Pickled Beets
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated tortellini, any variety
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto*
- 2 tablespoons prepared vinaigrette
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces (any color or a combination)
- Fresh herbs (such as parsley, basil, chives or thyme)
Makes about 36 appetizers (2 appetizers per serving).
Drain beets well; discard liquid.
- Arrange on serving platter. Sprinkle with herbs.
- Meanwhile, cut prosciutto into 1x3-inch strips. Wrap one strip prosciutto around tortellini; skewer with appetizer pick. Brush lightly with vinaigrette. Add one piece of bell pepper and one baby beet to skewer. Repeat until all beets are used.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
*Thinly sliced strips of deli smoked ham or turkey may be substituted for prosciutto.
Per serving (2 appetizers): 58 calories; 3 g protein; 7 g carbohydrate; 2 g fat; 242 mg sodium; 11 mg cholesterol; less than 1 g dietary fiber; 0.32 mg iron; 0 mg thiamin; 252 IU vitamin A; 14 mg vitamin C.