Recipe courtesy of Namely Marly
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Aunt Nellie's Sliced Beets
- 15 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups vegan mozzarella shreds, divided
- 5 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 2 cups vegetable crumbles
- 8 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles (see note)
Makes 12 servings.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 X 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Drain beets; reserve liquid.
- Combine tofu, beets, nutritional yeast flakes, pine nuts, salt and garlic powder in food processor. Process until smooth. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of reserved beet liquid. Pulse until mixture is a spreadable consistency. Add 1 cup vegan mozzarella shreds and pulse one or two more times to combine. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine marinara and vegetable crumbles. Spread 1cup of marinara in bottom of baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over marinara. Pour 1 cup of marinara over noodles.
- Spread half of beet filling over the marinara-covered noodles. Repeat with another layer of lasagna noodles, 1 cup marinara and remaining beet filling. Finish with one more layer of lasagna noodles, topped with remaining marinara. Sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella shreds.
- Tear off a piece of aluminum foil large enough to cover baking dish. Spray one side of foil with vegetable cooking spray to prevent sticking to cheese. Cover baking dish with prepared foil, crimping edges around sides of the dish. Bake, covered, 45 minutes.
- Use tongs to carefully remove foil and continue baking 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Store leftover lasagna in refrigerator, covered, 3 to 5 days, or freeze lasagna, tightly covered, up to 2 months.
NOTE: If "no boil" lasagna noodles are not available, regular lasagna noodles can be used. Make sure they are completely covered with marinara.
Nutrition information per serving (1/12 of recipe): 290 calories; 12g protein; 34g carbohydrate; 11g fat; 1050mg sodium; 10mg cholesterol; 6g fiber; 3.37mg iron; 1.37mg thiamin; 677.90IU vitamin A; 2.11mg vitamin C.