Recipe courtesy of doughmesstic
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Aunt Nellie's Sliced Beets (reserve a few slices for garnish)
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 12 ounces vodka
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarse Salt, to rim glasses
- Garnishes, as desired (celery, pepper, bacon, etc.)
Makes 6 servings.
- Place all ingredients into blender container. Blend until smooth.
- Rim glasses with salt. Fill glasses full of ice; pour blended mixture over. Garnish as desired.
Note: One jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie's Sliced Pickled Beets or Pickled Beets and Onions can be substituted for the Sliced Beets.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 225 calories; 2g protein; 19g carbohydrate; less than 1g fat; 1175mg sodium; 0mg cholesterol; 1g fiber; 1.07mg iron; 0.25mg thiamin; 1146.11IU vitamin A; 173.72mg vitamin C.