Makes 24 brownies.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Drain beets, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Combine beets and reserved liquid in blender or food processor; puree until smooth; set aside.
- Combine brownie mix, oil, eggs, pureed beets and chile powder in large mixing bowl; stir until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan. Bake as directed on package, checking after shortest recommended baking time.
- Remove from oven; cool. Lightly dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Sliced Pickled Beets
- 1 box (19.5 ounces) milk or dark chocolate brownie mix (See Note)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Confectioners’ sugar (optional)
Note: Package sizes vary from 18.4 ounces to 19.9 ounces.
Per serving (1/24 of recipe): 170 calories; 1 g protein; 28 g carbohydrate; 6 g total fat; 95 mg sodium; 16 mg cholesterol; 1 g dietary fiber; 1 mg iron; 0.01 mg thiamin; 23 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C.