- 1 jar (15.5 ounces Aunt Nellie’s Glazed Small Sliced Carrots
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce or other hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fat free, reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons shredded lime peel, optional
- 8 ounces linguine (broken into halves or thirds if desired), cooked according to package directions, drained and rinsed in cold water
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber, peeled if desired
- 1 cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1. Reserve 3/4 cup carrots. Place remaining carrots and liquid in food processor or blender container. Add peanut butter, vinegar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, soy sauce, Sriracha, ginger and garlic. Puree until completely combined. Add broth a tablespoon at a time if needed for consistency.
2. In large bowl, toss pasta with remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Add reserved carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, green onions and cilantro; toss to combine. Add half of carrot dressing; toss. Add remaining dressing; toss. Serve immediately or chilled. Just before serving, sprinkle with chopped peanuts and lime peel, if desired.
Makes 6 servings
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 365 calories; 11 g protein; 44 g carbohydrate; 17 g fat; 466 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g dietary fiber; 2 mg iron; 0.4 mg thiamin; 3273 IU vitamin A; 17 mg vitamin C.