Makes 8 servings
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Drain beets; set aside.
2. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, as desired. In small bowl, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons each of the mustard and the marmalade. Brush mixture over chicken until completely coated. Bake chicken on aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, about 20 to 25 minutes or until juices run clear; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, for vinaigrette, in medium bowl, combine remaining 3 tablespoons mustard, 1/3 cup marmalade, chives, zest and lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slowly pour in oil while whisking vigorously until completely combined.
4. Slice cooled chicken into 1-inch pieces. Onto each skewer, thread a beet, piece of chicken and 4 to 5 pieces of lettuce; repeat two more times; add one beet at end. Repeat to make 8 skewers. Place skewers on large serving platter. Stir vinaigrette; drizzle lightly over skewers. Sprinkle with almonds and cheese. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie's Baby Whole Pickled Beets, drained (See Note)
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons stone ground mustard, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup orange marmalade, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 large lemon, zested & juiced (1/3 cup juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 bag (9 ounces) leafy romaine pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled firm white cheese (such as blue cheese, feta, or goat)
Note: Whole Pickled Beets may be substituted. Cut beets in half.
Per serving (1 skewer): 255 calories; 15 g protein; 20 g carbohydrate; 12 g total fat; 440 mg sodium; 40 mg cholesterol; 2 g dietary fiber; 1 mg iron; 0.07 mg thiamin; 2871 IU vitamin A; 7 mg vitamin C.