Makes 16 servings
1. In large bowl, combine flour, oats and brown sugar. Add butter; stir to coat all ingredients. Reserve 1/3 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture evenly onto bottom of 9-inch square baking pan lined with aluminum foil, if desired. Bake at 350°F 10 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
2. Meanwhile, for filling place carrots and liquid in food processor or blender container; puree until smooth. Transfer to medium bowl. Add egg, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla; stir until well combined. Pour over baked crust.
3. Sprinkle carrot mixture with reserved 1/3 cup crumbs over filling. Bake 30 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate until firm.
4. Cut into 16 squares. Refrigerate leftovers, covered, up to 3 days.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 jar (15.5 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Glazed Small Sliced Carrots
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Nutrition information per serving (1/16 of recipe): 140 calories; 2 g protein; 22 g carbohydrate; 5 g fat; 70 mg sodium; 23 mg cholesterol; 1 g dietary fiber; 1 mg iron; 0.09 mg thiamin; 1230 IU vitamin A; .4 mg vitamin C.