Summer Fresh Vegetables with Ruby Beet Vinaigrette
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Whole Pickled Beets
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, chives, dill, oregano, rosemary)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fruity olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Assortment of steamed fresh vegetable, asparagus spears, baby yellow and zucchini squash, baby carrots, green and wax beans, small halved new and fingerling potatoes, sugar snap peas
Makes 1 cup vinaigrette.
Drain beets and reserve 1/2 cup of beet liquid. Cut beets into halves or quarters and set aside.
Place reserved beet juice, mustard, garlic, herbs, honey and salt in blender container. Blend on high 10 seconds. Pour olive oil through hole in lid into mixture in slow steady stream with machine running. Pour mixture into serving container.
Arrange beets and vegetables on platter. Serve vinaigrette as a dip or poured over vegetables.
Note: Vinaigrette tastes best if made several hours or 1 day ahead to develop flavors.
Per serving: 160 calories; 0 g protein; 9 g carbohydrate; 14 g total fat; 210 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; 0 g dietary fiber; 0 mg iron; 0.00 mg thiamin; 70 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C.