PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES
Chicken Soft Tacos with Pickled Beet Salsa
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Baby Whole Pickled Beets (See Note)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno mustard
- 4 soft flour tortillas (6-inch diameter)
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken (hot or cold)
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
Makes 4 servings.
- For salsa, drain beets; chop. In medium bowl, combine beets, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- In small bowl, stir together sour cream and mustard; set aside.
- On one half of tortilla, place equal amounts of beet salsa, arugula, chicken and cheese. Top with dollops of mustard sour cream. Fold over.
Sliced Pickled Beets or 3 single serve cups Aunt Nellie’s Diced Pickled Beets may be substituted.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 380 calories; 20g protein; 28g carbohydrate; 20g fat; 650mg sodium; 80mg cholesterol; 1g fiber; 2mg iron; 0.15mg thiamin; 460IU vitamin A; 4mg vitamin C.